Autor: mikolaj

[Russia] Moscow – Tsaritsyno Park

The estate is known from the late 16th century, when it belonged to Tsaritsa Irina, sister of Tsar Boris Godunov. At that time it was called Bogorodskoye. In the 17th century it belonged to the Streshnevs and then to the Galitzines.

In 1775, the estate was bought by empress Catherine the Great, who happened to be passing through the area and fell in love with the picturesque beauty of the land. It received its present name, which means “Tsaritsa’s”.

In 1776-85 architect Vasili Bazhenov built a palace for the Empress there. When the palace was almost complete, the Empress visited Tsaritsyno to inspect it. She declared the rooms to be too cramped and dark, and the palace unlivable. As a result, Catherine ordered the palace to be torn down. The remnants of the foundation of Bazhenov’s original palace are still visible in the park.

In 1786, Matvey Kazakov presented new architectural plans, which were approved by Catherine. Kazakov supervised the construction project until 1796 when the construction was interrupted by Catherine’s death. Her successor, Emperor Paul I of Russia showed no interest in the palace and the massive structure remained unfinished and abandoned for more than 200 years, until it was completed and extensively reworked in 2005-07.

Currently, in Tsaritsyno there are a history and architecture museum, a landscape park with an adjacent forest, an art museum, the Biryulyovo dendropark, and a cascade of the Tsaritsyno ponds.

Zobacz wszystkie zdjęcia: «[Russia] Moscow – Tsaritsyno Park»

Aperture: ƒ/9 || Taken: 28 czerwca 2017 || Flash fired: no || Focal length: 55mm || ISO: 200 || Shutter speed: 1/125s ||

[Russia] Sergiyev Posad

Sergiyev Posad grew in the 15th century around one of the greatest of Russian monasteries, the Trinity Lavra established by St. Sergius of Radonezh, still (as of 2015) one of the largest monasteries in Russia. Town status was granted to Sergiyev Posad in 1742. The town’s name, alluding to St. Sergius, has strong religious connotations. Soviet authorities changed it first to just Sergiyev in 1919, and then to Zagorsk in 1930, in memory of the revolutionary Vladimir Mikhailovich Zagorsky

Zobacz wszystkie zdjęcia: «[Russia] Sergiyev Posad»

Aperture: ƒ/8 || Taken: 1 lipca 2017 || Flash fired: no || Focal length: 18mm || ISO: 200 || Shutter speed: 1/60s ||

[Russia] Moscow – Kuskovo

Kuskovo (Russian: Куско́во) was the summer country house and estate of the Sheremetev family. Built in the mid-18th century, it was originally situated several miles to the east of Moscow but now is part of the East District of the city. It was one of the first great summer country estates of the Russian nobility, and one of the few near Moscow still preserved. Today the estate is the home of the Russian State Museum of Ceramics, and the park is a favourite place of recreation for Muscovites.

Zobacz wszystkie zdjęcia: «[Russia] Moscow – Kuskovo»

Aperture: ƒ/9 || Taken: 2 lipca 2017 || Flash fired: no || Focal length: 24mm || ISO: 200 || Shutter speed: 1/80s ||

Page 2 of 8
1 2 3 4 8